- In the event of a circumstance of abuse which poses a serious or immediate danger – call the Gardaí at 999 / 112
- For an ongoing safeguarding concern that support is needed with – contact the HSE National Safeguarding Office at firstname.lastname@example.org / (061) 461 358. There are nine Safeguarding and Protection Teams covering all regions.
The primary contact for information on Assisted Decision-Making is the Decision Support Service (DSS), which is available at 01 211 9750, online at www.decisionsupportservice.ie. or by email at email@example.com
The DSS’s role is to:
- Register decision support arrangements
- Supervise arrangements
- Investigate complaints about appointed decision supporters, or decision support arrangements
- Promote public awareness of assisted decision-making
The Service can also provide practical information about how to make an Enduring Power Attorney (EPA) and an Advance Healthcare Directive.
Other information is at:
If you have a query regarding safeguarding training for workplaces, sports or social organisations, community groups, or professional services – there are a number of places you can contact.
For services falling within the remit of HSE and HSE funding, there is an e-learning programme on recognising and responding to safeguarding concerns available on the HSE’s online learning and development platform. There are also some private providers of safeguarding training who are available and can be researched online.