Last updated: March 2023.
We at Safeguarding Ireland respect your privacy and comply with our obligations under the:
- The Data Protection Act 1988-2018
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Online Privacy Statement Only
This online privacy statement applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. When you email Safeguarding Ireland via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our website, we need to know your name, email address and query.
This information allows us to understand your query and respond in a meaningful manner. All queries are dealt with by someone from Safeguarding Ireland and no third-party is involved. We will not pass your details on, or use it for any other purpose than to respond to your query.
Types Of Information Collected
We retain two types of information from visitors to our website:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address or telephone number. Such information is only collected from if you voluntarily submit it to us through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility.
Some additional information would be gathered such as sector, short description of the organisation and relevance of safeguarding if submitting in response to the Safeguarding Charter.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes For Which We Hold Your Information
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies:A Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive.
Cookies are used for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of websites and to collect anonymous information about the browsing activities of our clients for internal analysis.
We will process any Personal Data to provide you with information about Safeguarding Ireland, or to contact you if required in connection with your enquiry you might send to us.
Safeguarding Ireland will engage certain service providers to perform certain services on its behalf which may involve the Processing of Personal Data, for example third parties that assist with distribution of newsletters and emails.
Safeguarding Ireland will ensure that such relationships are governed by a contract which includes the data protection provisions of Data Protection Law.
Security Of Information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
Non-Disclosure To Third Parties
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent, or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your consent.
Safeguarding Ireland may however provide aggregate statistics about its supporters, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
The Accuracy Of Your Information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate. If you inform us, or we become aware, of any inaccuracies in the information it shall be promptly rectified. We do not retain any information about you which is out of date or which is no longer required.
Users 16 Years And Under
If you are aged 16 or under, you must obtain your parent / guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.